Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Desi Quilters - Foundation Piecing QAL 2012

It was an awesome experience to be a part of the Foundation piecing QAL with the Desi Quilter.
 
 FOundation piecing QAL 2012 
 
i started to enjoy foundation paper piecing.
 
When Veena, requested me to lead a quilt along in our desi quilters group, I was honoured, and took it as a challenge. 
I wanted to develop my own piecing pattern, so that i can freely play with it without disturbing anyone else.
Search for developing a pattern took me to Quilt Assistant . It is a simple free software, for making piecing patterns..and i enjoyed playing with it.
 
I made few patterns and tried working with it, learned from the mistakes i made and developed this string block, with a pieced border.
 
This is not at all a challenging pattern and i can guarantee any beginner can try this.
If you feel like trying this pattern, please feel free to download the pattern from the free pattern page  and check out the tutorial in the tutorial page.
 
quilting
 
I’m happy with the mitered corners and the free motion quilting …
 
 free motion quilting
 
Thank you so much to all the desi quilters who participated in the QAL.
 
This is a quick printed label i made for this piece.
 
quilt label
 
Special thanks to  Veena and Tina for this opportunity.
 
Looking forward to do many more foundation piecing projects…
 
Thank you so much for stopping by with your lovely comments..
 
Until next time..
 
Have a nice day….nima

34 comments:

  1. fantastic Nima....outcome is so perfect as always.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous work Nima, as usual...although I coudn't 'quilt along', this is definitely on my 'to do' list!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful work Nima! I love the colors :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful piece Nima! Such an honour too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very nice and the colors are bright and cheerful!:) quilting is not on my todo list but yes, patch work is.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Preeti, you can use foundation piecing technique for piecing, you are going to love it...there are a lot more free patterns online

      Delete
  6. gorgeous!I realy enjoyed ur qal nima...clear tutorial..mine is yet to complete...want to make it as a wall hanging..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Vaheeda. you can put a sleeve for it for wall hanging

      Delete
  7. Your quilting is superb!! Nima, I enjoyed trying out the tutorial, made mistakes but learnt in that process. Mine is yet to be quilted. But soon i will do it.
    Thank you for the tutorial once again.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nima this is jus fabulous!. l like the colour combination as well as the design..realy admire you for the patience and talent you have.,.Thank you for sharing the tute dear:)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nima what a wonderful quilt. I am so pleased you posted it, saw your quilt at Sew Many Ways.
    Joy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Joy,Thank you so much for stopping by with your lovely comment

      Delete
  10. Hi Nima

    I have been looking forward to this QAL without realising that it is allover. Really disappointing. I am not a member of DESI QUILTERS - Is that the reason I missed? I did not see any post on the foundation piecing and the link under Tutorial in your blog also does not work :( Am I missing something? Thanks
    Revathi at revathi33@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Revathi, i have mailed you. please check the tutorial section, i have uploaded the link. If you find that it is not taking you to right link, please let me know. Thank you

      Delete
  11. Hi Nima, I've just found you through Find a Friend Friday! You have a lovely site and the tutorials look great...perfect for people like me who just haven't a clue how to go about creating beautiful things like you guys! I look forward to checking in to see what you've done. Claire x

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a lovely mini quilt you've made. I love the bright colours.
    Leigh
    http://thesewingdivaandherreluctantmodels.blogspot.co.uk/?m=1

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is absolutely gorgeous!! I love the bright colors. Very cheery. Thank you so much for visiting my blog. I'm putting yours on my google reader list.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gale, Thank you so much for stopping by with your lovely comment.

      Delete
  14. What a beautiful quilt!! I love those bright colors paired with the black. Your piecing is perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a beautiful quilt and I love the colors!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Color combination is very pretty....lovely pattern.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking time to visit my blog.

Your lovely comments are always appreciated and I am looking forward to hear from you. I have set the comments to be moderated ...so don't worry if you didn't see your comment immediately.

I try to reply to all comments in the comment form itself unless it is something personal

If you have any queries which need reply, please use my email address in the profile. Thank you