Cathedral window wall hanging…i was thinking about it since January 2011.
After graduating the Cathedral window in 2011, this project was in my to do list.
After 2 years of thinking and dreaming, i finished my cathedral window wall hanging..
and it is proudly displayed on my living room wall.
It is a 48” x 28” wall hanging, I pieced the blocks on the machine,
and attached the windows by hand…that was the time taking part..
I finished it as a tied quilt, with knots on the back side with black thread.
I didn’t use batting, because it is already heavy …
I used 4 meters of black fabric just for piecing the blocks…
then i realized that it is a “fabric drinking” project, with all fabric folded in.
My finished blocks were 4”, for that i took 8.5” square to work with.
It was tricky to get the right colour picture…
I tried with light in the night…that worked better than the day light..
This project was the part of my new year resolution(i usually don’t take resolutions).
I started to work on Jan 1st, with a deadline on Jan 30th.
Hurray…that worked …and i finished this piece by Jan 30th night 11 PM,
(working for 8 hrs on the last day, to meet the deadline…lol)
and displayed it on the wall before i went to sleep..
This is the only decent close up picture with the right colours, that i could take.
A stained glass effect was in my mind when i choose the black fabric,
I decided this colour scheme with the help of the Excel worksheet..
My DH who is a pro in Excel, helped me with that..
If anyone is interested to see, how it was on the worksheet , please check here.
I loved working on this traditional cathedral window project.
I have few pictures from my working table, hope to compile it into a picture tutorial soon,
so that you can see how i made this..
Ok that’s all my rambling about my cathedral window wall hanging…
Thank you so much for stopping by, and encouraging me with your lovely comments.
Hope to come back soon with something new..
Until next time..
Have a nice day…nima