Monday, December 9, 2013

Appliqué pillows for Christmas

I just love to do appliqué..especially the fusible web appliqué..

I always used blanket stitch for appliqués, and it was always nice.

This time i tried satin stitch, to give more life to the pattern..and I'm happy with it..

maroon on chair 

….  i made a blue version with the same pattern..

blue on chair

I loved both the finishes…and it looks prettier on the gold tinted fabric..

and here is the close up of the appliqué..

blue bow maroon bow

Doing satin stitch on my Janome horizon 8900, was so good…

and i would advice using stabilizer for a better finish…

it was a bit wonky when i practiced satin stitch without stabilizer …

with stabilizer it was like spreading soft butter on bread..

This picture will give you an idea how satin stitch gave life to the appliqué…

machine applique bows 

This is the back side of the appliqué…

 applique using stabilizer

I used iron on stabilizer and I removed the unwanted area after stitching…

christmas applique pillow blue applique pillow

Thank you so much for stopping by with your lovely comments..

Until next time..

Have a nice day…nima

22 comments:

  1. Such gorgeous pillows, perfect for the season too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nima, those are gorgeous! Beautiful idea and perfect execution!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely cushions!!! very neat finish nima....

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous and amazing !! :) what a great finish!! I loved it very much. I am sure once I learn this, I will be addicted to it :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Preeti...yes you will get addicted once you learn this

      Delete
  5. What a neat way to dressed up a cushion. Well done Nima!

    ReplyDelete
  6. wow ! Rima...this si simply superb ! soo cute pillows...very neat ! MERRY CHRISTMAS TO YOU AND FAMILY !!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking time to visit my blog.

Your lovely comments are always appreciated and I am looking forward to hear from you. I have set the comments to be moderated ...so don't worry if you didn't see your comment immediately.

I try to reply to all comments in the comment form itself unless it is something personal

If you have any queries which need reply, please use my email address in the profile. Thank you