Thursday, December 5, 2013

Dresden plate for Christmas

I love to work with Dresden plate since the day i learned it..

….and i have done a few  of Dresden plate projects before.

This is my Christmas version..

christmas dresden

It is a table runner with 3 Dresden plates in Christmas fabric,

on a cream/off white Linen background, with size 50”L x 16”W..

dresden christmas runner

I loved the stippling that i did with my Janome Horizon 8900…

even though i have done free motion quilting before,

this was my first attempt of free motion quilting on my new machine,

quilted dresden plate christmas runner

I tried different shots to get the full runner…

but the color didn’t come out fine because of the lack of day light.

This image is the right color of the runner that i took in the day light..

dresden upside down

I loved this piece of my work and I’m really proud of it…

Thank you so much for stopping by with your lovely comment.

Until next time…

Have a nice day…nima

29 comments:

  1. This is lovely! Dresden plates are so elegant and pretty and your quilting is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is just gorgeous! Love how the colors pop on the white background. And you have really mastered stippling!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Nima..........its really a beautiful piece of work.I hv done dresden bag,vl try on a runner.I am not very comfortable with free motion..........need to work on it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wowww Wowwww Wowwwww. its really faaaaabulous NIma...shud really appreciate your patience !!!very very stylish !!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Its truly a masterpiece!! Nima. The fmq has come out awesome!! loved it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You have great patience Nima... Looks fabulous.....

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love dresden plate designs......lovely christmassy one.
    Cath @ Bits 'n Bobs

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm over from SMW, I love dresdens and have made quite a few myself. Yours is so festive. Gorgeous fabrics and will make a beautiful addition to the festive decorations.

    ReplyDelete
  9. visiting from sew many ways. This is gorgeous, what a great decoration for Christmas

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love it so much.. it will love beautifull on your Xmas table!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is gorgeous! So elegant! Now I want to make one!!

    susie

    ReplyDelete
  12. Very nice and perfect! :) is free motion quilting easy for beginners?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Preeti, yes free motion is not a rocket science once you get a hang of it.

      Delete
  13. This is absolutely beautiful! I am falling in love with dresden must try soon! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking time to visit my blog.

Your lovely comments are always appreciated and I am looking forward to hear from you. I have set the comments to be moderated ...so don't worry if you didn't see your comment immediately.

I try to reply to all comments in the comment form itself unless it is something personal

If you have any queries which need reply, please use my email address in the profile. Thank you