Monday, December 30, 2013

Saying Goodbye to 2013…

It was indeed a beautiful year ….

I talk mostly and sometimes only about my needlework passion in this small page..

…and this page looks abandoned, when I'm not in my creative room…

….and it happened few times this year too..

It is not that i can be creative only when I'm in my room…

….but that never happens when I'm not in my comfort zone..

… i usually step out of my comfort zone to do my priorities, even though needlework is my passion.

2013 was a year, i decided to learn something new other than needlework…

…that was silk painting…..

silk painiting

It was an awesome experience of learning to paint on silk under the guidance of Sharmila.

At times my blog readers saw an overflow of crochet doilies…It is always relaxing for me to work on a doily…

these are some of my favorites from this year and also the challenging ones…

crochet doilies

2013, also saw me taking another step, by selling some of my handmade stuff online thru Avenue 247

1000 orange 

I did some beautiful quilting, appliqué and decorative stitches,

with my new toy Janome 8900 …

sewing quilting 

I’m glad that i could finish of one of my WIP from 2011.

When i finished all other WIP from that list…

this afghan was sitting peacefully in the cupboard with just few hours of work remaining..

christmas afghan 

When i leave 2013, I have one cross stitch kit in WIP bag…

…hope to finish it and show you all soon ..

Looking forward to learn many more new techniques in needlecraft in the coming year.

….Moving to another beautiful year is really exciting.

I will be completing 9th year of blogging….

Hope and pray everything goes peaceful in 2014…with No War,  No Calamities…

Until we see next year…

Wishing you a beautiful 2014….nima

12 comments:

  1. Happy new year, Nima!! 2013 has been a lot of learning new crafty things for you. I am always amazed at your fantastic creations. Yes we do have to attend to our family needs and go through ups and downs but I am always thankful to God and all of you for connecting me with people who have a similar love for creative things and talking to you all gives me a satisfaction of my little lovely space:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. happy new year Nima.. It was indeed a crafty beautiful year that passed! you really utilised the time when you were in your comfort zone! wishing you a beautifu 2014..

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happiest of New Years in 2014 Nima! i love all your talent and hope the year opens up one ore more new talents!! I shall continue on stitching which really makes me smile still! :) Anne

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy new Year!!!
    What a beautifull pieces you all made!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful post Nima and congrats for your achievements in 2013.
    May 2014 brings you another great year and many happy stitches.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking time to visit my blog.

Your lovely comments are always appreciated and I am looking forward to hear from you. I have set the comments to be moderated ...so don't worry if you didn't see your comment immediately.

I try to reply to all comments in the comment form itself unless it is something personal

If you have any queries which need reply, please use my email address in the profile. Thank you